Applications for the 2022 cohort of the Future Africa Ambassadors have now closed. We will subsequently announce the dates for opening 2023 applications. For any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are Future Africa Ambassadors?
The public sector does not attract enough young people. Several negative issues deter young people from getting involved in their communities, such as instability and authoritarian practice. Young people who are passionate about the public sector often hit this wall of reality, which turns into frustration.
The Future Africa Ambassadors programme will be a platform for a network of passionate youth leaders across the continent to channel their passions into grass-root contributions to public sector development. We believe that if more young people drive small changes, there is a higher possibility of seeing long-term success for political and economic stability.
Ambassadors are provided with an advocacy toolkit and supported to take bold actions to sensitize local populations about active citizen engagement and collaboration to build functional democracies. Over the course of the 15-week programme, Ambassadors will engage in deep conversations about various topics, and each Ambassador will complete a capstone project on a topic of their choice.
Each year, Future Africa recruits and trains a cohort of Ambassadors across the continent who join the network as part of a mission to have an active community of ambassadors in 100 African cities by 2025.
What makes this programme unique?
- We are bridging the gap between young leaders and public sector engagement;
- We are engaging in critical conversations around topical issues that will shape the future of our societies;
- We are connecting like-minded young people across the continent and providing a platform to exchange ideas and inspire each other;
- We are providing a platform for young leaders to take their first steps in activating their public interests.
What Support is Available to Ambassadors?
As an Ambassador, you will have access to the following services:
- Certificate of Ambassadorship;
- Access to a network of high potential young leaders from all across Africa;
- Access to the Future Africa Advocacy Toolkit to enable you to start taking action in your local community;
- Access to a mentor with whom you can brainstorm project ideas;
- Invitation to attend a series of webinars on skills building, leadership, entrepreneurship and African development;
- Opportunity to participate at workshops and other events organized by Future Africa
Ambassadors to be trained in 10 Years
Ambassadors to join each cohort from all over Africa
African countries already represented in the Future Africa network
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible to sign up as a Future Africa Ambassador, you should be:
- Between the ages of 16-20 years;
- An African living on the continent or in the diaspora;
- A person who has demonstrated potential for leadership and ability to collaborate;
- Able to commit to 15 weeks of programming with a time commitment of about 2-3 hours each week;
- Keen to take action for political, economic and social change in your local community;
- Willing to spread the word about Future Africa and our activities;
- Committed to long-term collaboration with the Future Africa network.
The purpose of the program is to empower youth leaders across the continent to lead advocacy projects and campaign actively for the implementation of policies and agreements drafted at national, regional and continental levels.
Nominate a Candidate-Future Africa Ambassadors
Applications and Nominations for Future Africa Ambassadors will open in April 2022. Please sign up to be notified about the next round of applications and nominatios
Applications Open Notification
Once the Applications open, we shall be in touch with you.