Apply for the Future Africa Fellowship
about the future africa fellowship
The Future Africa Fellowship is year-long learning experience that provides aspiring public sector leaders and social innovators with the knowledge, network and skills required to transform the African political economy. The Fellowship incorporates research, debate and rigorous analysis designed to empower Fellows to participate in developing implementable policy proposals for local, national and regional contexts.
During the virtual programme, Fellows will familiarize themselves with contemporary debates on African socio-political and development issues, evaluate varying perspectives on policy approaches, engage in quality debate and develop critical reviews of existing policies and new proposals designed to address Africa’s development needs. A core element of the Fellowship is a bi-monthly Forum, bridging the gap between aspiring public sector leaders and current development practitioners.
The Fellowship will develop 2,500 trained public sector leaders in 10 years.
Who is Eligible?
The Future Africa Fellowship is open to:
- African citizens living on the continent or in the diaspora
- Between the ages of 21-30 years
- University graduates
- Passionate about understanding the African political economy and engaging in development reforms
- Interested in participating in quality debate by providing national/international perspectives
- Able to commit to an 8-month programme requiring bi-weekly engagement
The purpose of the fellowship is to develop a community of young Africans who are passionate and knowledgeable about the political and economic dimensions of African development, and equipped to engage in development reforms from a pan-African perspective.
opportunities through the fellowship
Through the Fellowship, all participants will have access to:
- Certificate of completion of the Fellowship
- Expanded network of emerging leaders across Africa to collaborate on pan-African projects
- Access to a wide range of development experts and public sector leaders, sharing perspectives from their work.
- Written articles published on Future Africa’s website and promoted on Future Africa’s social platforms
- Recommendation letters from Future Africa for future opportunities
2021 Fellowship schedule
The 2021 cohort of the Future Africa Fellowship will run from March 1 – October 30.
Key activities will include:
- Bi-weekly selected readings on thematic issues, ranging from elections and democratic governance to domestic and global policy analysis
- Monthly peer discussions and analytical debates
- Monthly case study analyses
- Bi-monthly guest speaker forum with development practitioners and public sector leaders
applications CLOSED for the 2021 cohort
Applications for the 2021 cohort of the Future Africa Fellowship closed on 12th February, 2021.
Applications for the 2022 cohort will open in November 2021.
For any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org